FNWF 10/4/20

Hi All,
          I have finished my Sashiko.  This is where I was up to yesterday.  Finished it yesterday afternoon, last photo,  I just need to find a fabric to back it with and sew it on.  It has taken me a few years on and off to do it.



   













The photos are out of order as you can see.   
It feels good to have it all stitched though.  
We have had more more which started on Thursday night and we woke up to the sound of rain early in the morning.  All up we have had 53mls, so just over 2 inches.  
Yesterday I started another Sashiko panel, this is a smaller one. 


The background looks black but it is a navy blue.  Not sure how long it is going to take to do.  As I go along with it I will post progress photos.  
I have made Hot Cross Buns for the first time.  


they are burnt on the bottom.  
Happy Easter to you all.  
From Sue.  



4 comments:

  1. Goodness your sashiko is just lovely and has definitely been worth the effort. Yay!

    Your hot cross buns look yummy. Enjoy the rest of the Easter weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I could help with a finish at FNwF...
    Yummy looking buns for Easter. Have a good one...xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sashiko. It looks like a very comforting project. Awwwww, you shouldn't have told us your hot cross buns were burnt on the bottom. We couldn't see that. Oh well, just tear off the bottoms & enjoy. After all, the best part is on top! Haha! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sashiko project is beautiful.... a lot of work and now a new one on the go.... well done for the hot cross buns... even if they are a bit burnt on the bottom hope they tasted great.
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

F.NS.I 19th Feb 2021

Hi All,          Yesterday I started sewing these 4 hexies together.  I have another 2 petals to sew on the last one.  then need to sew in b...